21 Results for [ heat ]
- Monster Marshmallowcstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/education/try-this-out-incredible-science-tricks-monster-marshmallow.phpMarshmallows are delicious: perfect as a campfire treat or in a cup of hot chocolate. But what happens to marshmallows when they are heated? Discover their awesome chemical properties with this fun experiment!
- Sun-cookercstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/education/try-this-out-playing-with-energy-sun-cooker.phpThis activity will show you how to make your own sun-cooker to create some tasty recipes.
- Elastic Sciencecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/education/try-this-out-elastic-science.phpStretch your imagination with these activities that use common household items to help you experiment and build with elastic bands.
- Background Information for Energycstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/education/tell-me-about-background-information-for-energy.phpEnergy is all around us and with today’s concern for the environment, understanding energy is important. Learn all about it with these simple explanations.
- Going the Distancecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/education/try-this-out-elastic-science-going-the-distance.phpWith this fascinating experiment, you will discover how elastics behave in different temperatures. Do they change when we heat them up? Or when we cool them down? Learn, observe, and take notes as you go!
- Simplex Electric Co. Electric Rangecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-simplex-electric-company-range.phpThis is one of the earliest electric ranges in the national collection.
- Maple Taffy on Snowcstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/education/try-this-out-science-fun-in-the-snow-maple-taffy-on-snow.phpEating maple taffy on snow is a Canadian culinary tradition. To create the taffy, you have to concentrate the syrup, by removing some of its water molecules.
- Build a Solar Stillcstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/education/try-this-out-sun-solar-still.phpHarness this energy by building a solar still to remove contaminants from water.
- Tappan-Gurney Ltd. "PEDKNR 436AC" Electric Rangecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-tappan-gurney-limited-pedknr-436ac-electric-range.phpThis is an example of a deluxe model range produced by Tappan-Gurney in 1964.
- Taffy Pullcstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/education/try-this-out-elastic-science-taffy-pull.phpElastics are very stretchy and so is taffy candy. This means that it is fun to make, stretch, and eat!