61 Results for [ facility rentals ]
- Skeleton Clockcstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-skeleton-clock.phpDavid Baird, the Canada Science and Technology Museum’s first director, purchased this clock in 1970. He was passionate about using artifacts to demonstrate the inner workings of technology.
- Hilarious Historiescstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/hilarious-histories.phpNile Séguin visited the storage facility at the Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation...
- Fabre de Lagrange Mathematical Modelcstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-fabre-de-lagrange-mathematical-model.phpThis is a very early example of a hands-on, 3-D mathematical model.
- Canadian General Electric Co. "A-H5" Mercury Discharge Light Bulbcstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-canadian-general-electric-company-A-h5-mercury-discharge-light-bulb.phpThis light bulb used a combination of argon and mercury to produce light.
- Beach Foundry Ltd. "ES371" Rangecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-beach-foundry-limited-es371-beach-range.phpThis is the last range made by Beach Foundry, which began making such appliances in 1894.
- Beach Foundry Ltd. "Buffet" Rangecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-beach-foundry-limited-buffet-range.phpThis is a beautiful, streamlined, early electric range that was made in Canada.
- J.C. Deagan "Una-Fon"cstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-jc-deagan-una-fon.phpThe Deagan Una-Fon is the oldest electronic instrument in the Museum’s music collection.
- Troughton & Simms Zenith Telescopecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-troughton-simms-zenith-telescope.phpThis zenith telescope was used to survey the 49th parallel, which forms the boundary between Canada and the United States.
- Bio Logicals Gene Synthesizercstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-bio-logicals-gene-synthesizer.phpDeveloped in the 1980s, the gene synthesizer is an automated process for the manufacture of DNA.
- Simplex Electric Co. Electric Rangecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-simplex-electric-company-range.phpThis is one of the earliest electric ranges in the national collection.