Alternative Energy and Green Vehicle Technologies Edukit
Students explore the basics of electrical circuitry by examining automotive technology. Lead hands-on demonstrations that teach students about electric motors and combustion engines. Visualize how energy is recovered in hybrid-electric vehicles. Make biofuel and measure exhaust gas emissions, and discover electrochemistry as you assemble a fuel-cell vehicle.
This bilingual edukit was created in collaboration with Transport Canada's ecoTECHNOLOGY for Vehicles program. It consists of four modules:
- Basic Electricity — Students explore basic electrical principles as they discover the benefits of the 42-volt electrical architecture in vehicles.
- Electric Motors and Combustion Engines — Students examine electric motors, combustion engines, and technologies designed to recover energy in hybrid-electric vehicles.
- Fuels and Emissions — Students make and burn a simple biofuel, measuring its exhaust-gas emissions.
- Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Fuel-Cell Technologies — Students assemble a fuel-cell vehicle and discover the potential that this technology has to offer in lowering emissions.
- Electrical breadboards
- Circuit boards
- Circuit-making materials: switches, light bulbs, buzzers, motors, resistors, and fuses
- Hand generator
- Steam engine working model
- Electric generator working model
- Demonstrators — flywheel
- Exhaust-gas testing equipment
- Hydrogen car working model
- PEM (proton exchange membrane) fuel cells
Additional Information and Learning Aids
- Extensive manual for teachers, including background material, templates, and lesson plans for activities
- Packing guide
The edukit comes in a sturdy case on wheels.
Dimensions: 63 cm x 49 cm x 35 cm (25" x 20" x 14")
Weight: 20 kg (44 lbs)
$129 for one month (includes outbound shipping and handling)
To reserve this edukit, call 1-866-442-4416 (toll-free in Canada).
For more information, contact email@example.com.Back to top